Wednesday 12 December 2007

I Predict an Audio Book

Received a quite remarkable package today from the good people at Clipper Audio/WF Howes who have released a number of my books on cd/tape over the past few years. Now these are none of your edited versions, you get every fricken word. Well I opened up the box and there was a beautiful package containing the audio book of 'I Predict A Riot' - on a staggering twenty cds and lasting some twenty one and a half hours. And all read by actor Adam Moore, who deserves some kind of a medal. Now I think these are mainly aimed at libraries, or the visually impaired, or people going on long journeys - i.e. the first manned mission to Mars - and I'm not entirely convinced that life isn't too short to devote twenty one and a half hours to listening to anything I write, but if audio books are your thing, then you should check it out. Considering how long it lasts it's not extravagantly priced either.

1 comment:

Karen (Euro Crime) said...

I love audio books for my train commute and I've listened to and loved Shooting Sean and The Horse With My Name on it. Both read by different actors again.

How did the narrator deal with the asterisked swearwords?