Tuesday 27 November 2007

Top Rankin

A fantastic quote in this month's Good Housekeeping as Ian Rankin picks I Predict A Riot as the very book he'd like to receive in his Christmas Stocking ' he's a Northern Irish writer whose crime novels are funny as well as gripping- hard to pull off'. Not that I've ever bought Good Housekeeping. Is there a Bad Housekeeping? Is there a Dust and Cat Hairs and Black Bananas Monthly? Yes, you heard it right. I have a cat. Actually, my son has a cat. But it has attached itself to me. I don't like cats. I'm a dog man. Not allowed one. So we have a cat. Once a week she brings in a mouse or a large black bird through the cat flap and I have to go down and wrestle it free, give it the kiss of life, then release it back into the wild. I consider this to be my good deed for the day. Then I go out and shoot chickens with my shotgun.

No comments: